The online application will ask you to outline your basic personal information, and professional information, as well as, choose the UA local closest to you.
All your information will be kept confidential. You will be asked for:
- Basic personal information
- Accreditation and training: the names of courses you've completed, the institution where you were trained, and the date of the training
- Employment history: names of employers, work location, and length of experience
- If you are a qualified journeyperson with a ticket number you'll only need to supply a few details to start the application process.
- If you do not have a ticket number, they will be looking for a few more details. Your version of the application is longer and will take approximately 10 minutes to fill out. You will also be able to upload your resume at the end.
Once you complete the online application will be sent to a Local Union representative for the UA Local you have selected in your application. Someone from the UA Local you have selected will contact you to discuss joining the UA in further detail.