During the last round of bargaining, UA Local 67 and Contractors negotiated a WRT training fund to target specific safety training. A Work Ready Training program is being developed by the JATC and will be implemented in two phases.
All members who are dispatched will be required to present the following certifications by April 1, 2017.
Working at Heights Certification
- Working at Heights is delivered in a classroom covering theory and practical requirements. This certificate is good for 3 years.
- There is no charge to members for this course.
- Click here http://www.technicaltradesacademy.ca/training.aspx for a list of upcoming classes.
- This is an online course that will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Contact the JATC at 905-385-0043 x510 to receive the instructions and log in information.
Worker Safety Awareness Training Certification
- This is an online course that will take approximately 45 to complete.
You may access this course online here: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/elearn/worker/index.php
- Once you have completed this training, please provide our office with a copy of your certificate so that we can update your training records.
For those members who have already acquired this training through employment please provide the JATC with copies of your certifications so that we can update our training records to reflect your work readiness.